Dream
Through the forbidden doors I go.
Cold mottled marble gives way to
walls shrouded with purple drapes.
Cornices carved with half familiar faces
stare down at my trembling frame.
Footprints of dead souls lure my chilled feet
towards my unwanted fate.
A threnody embraces me with its icy tones
urging my unconscious being towards the veiled bier.
A shadow falls upon the corpse as I lean to lift the pall.
Sibilant sounds escape from my pale lips
I see myself in death.
Cold mottled marble gives way to
walls shrouded with purple drapes.
Cornices carved with half familiar faces
stare down at my trembling frame.
Footprints of dead souls lure my chilled feet
towards my unwanted fate.
A threnody embraces me with its icy tones
urging my unconscious being towards the veiled bier.
A shadow falls upon the corpse as I lean to lift the pall.
Sibilant sounds escape from my pale lips
I see myself in death.

1 Comments:
At 8:10 pm,
Anonymous said…
Sandra...This poem to me..has the feel of a PreRaphaelite poem...One of my favorite poets is Christina Rossetti..very compelling...Bonnie
Post a Comment
<< Home